Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Our weekend at Lake Tekapo





























hi everyone! i want to tell you about my fun weekend at Lake Tekapo! On our way there the view was SO pretty! There were snow capped mountains and hills and lots of sheep and cows (mommy kept mooing and baaing at them as we passed...it was funny at first). Once we got there we went on a little walk not too long though because mommy kept complaining how cold it was...she was in 4 layers of pants and tops and coat and scarf and still cold! I was so excited about the snow all around that I immediately started making and throwing snowballs...at mommy cause she looked so silly. Shaun told mommy to stop whinging (whining) but mommy was too cold to listen! After our walk we went to our rental house and put on more clothes so mommy could be warmer for our walk to the outdoor skating rink. We payed for our skates and got onto the rink but not Shaun cause he doesn't skate at all. Mommy pooped out in about five minutes cause it was too hard to skate on the bad ice. No Zamboni to clean this ice which made it VERY hard to skate on, and the blades of the skates were dull so mommy got off quick cause it was hurting her legs and feet to try and stay upright on the ice...WIMP! I stayed on for around an hour while Mommy and Shaun ordered lunch and found a table by the fire. I had a HUGE blister on my toe so I had to get off the ice as well for the day. Everybody's lunch was delicious but mommy's. She ordered vegetable soup with a roll and what she got was pumpkin mush that looked like baby food and tasted just as bad! We all had a taste and eventually mommy gave up trying to eat it and ordered a sandwich like mine. We walked back to the house and mommy took a half hour nap while I watch some TV, then Shaun made us get up and we went to dinner at a pub. Guess what! I had chips for dinner that night. We were still rather full from lunch so we had a small tea. Chips are french fries back home and tea is dinner. We went back to the house and changed into our swimming suits...it was hard to convince mommy to do this since it was so cold but we finally got her changed. We walked back to the rink where there are hot pools outside. The hot pools were so hot that we couldn't tell how cold it was outside unless we jumped from pool to pool. The first pool made our feet feel like they had pins and needles in them cause we were so cold when we got in and it was so hot but then we got used to it. Then we moved to the second one. Mommy wouldn't let me get my hair wet so it wasn't all that much fun for me. We realized this pool was too hot so we went back to the first one. After awhile mommy said hold your nose and she dunked me into the water. She realized it was silly not to get our hair wet. From then on I had so much fun! Shaun played water games with me while mommy sat on the bench and watched. After about two hours mommy made us get out cause we looked like raisins! We went back to the house and took a nice warm shower and got ready for bed. The next day we drove to Lake Alexandrina (lake Alex for short) and walked around the snow. This was one of the places mommy went in January so we came back to see it in the winter. it was beautiful and I loved jumping around in the snow and climbing trees and crossing bridges over the brook. That as the end of our weekend adventure we had so much fun! We miss you all especially our family! Until next time (if we have a connection)...


Love Izabella/Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures and love all the stories Bella. I would love to come check out those Hot pools...sounds like a blast!

    Shellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE hot springs. So jealous. Sounds like super fun. Was the outdoor rink similar to the one we went to in downtown Charlotte? The ice there wasn't that great either as I recall, but that doesn't stop you! I wish the one in Charlotte had lunch tables by a fire. That sounds really great. Love, Tia

    ReplyDelete